Sunday, January 31, 2016

4.16






Lucy: this girl may ask me everyday for the rest of her life for a sister.  The one gift I don't believe I will ever be able to give her.  But she is a best friend to all of her girl cousins and so I encourage those relationships fiercely.  And they love her fiercely for it.

Max: the king of the group photo.  He was so excited to go to the zoo.  He loves outings.  He has a sensitive spirit but lately that sensitivity has been showing itself in strange new ways.  A lot of resistance and back-talk.  Not my favorite.  I'm trying to love him through it but sometimes it really gets under my skin.  

Logan: completed his skating field trips this week.  He started off falling and crying.  Now he falls, but doesn't cry so much.  And he loves it.  Especially when he has spectators.

Seth: and the zoo was an epic experience.  It wasn't his first trip, but probably the first one that meant anything to him.  He loved it.  Penguins.  Lions.  Hippos.  Meerkats.  Not so much with the gorillas.  He didn't want to get off my lap to see them.  But this photo...this photo was when a common field bird crossed his path while we were walking trying to see more exotic animals.  Probably a species that we could have spotted at any park, anywhere in the city, but it thrilled him to no end to see it at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment