Sunday, April 3, 2016

13.52





Lucy: Is growing up too fast.  She's into music and friends and asked me the other day when she could start wearing makeup?!  She occasionally still has a childish emotional outburst (don't we all??), and if she's in the right mood, can giggle with her little brothers over a silly cartoon or a game with stuffys, but this young girl is turning into a young lady, and I fear that time is going too quickly and I'm missing moments.  Didn't I just plan her 6th birthday party?  And now we're approaching 11. She's becoming more and more responsible and understanding every day.  *Sigh*

Max: Oh, this boy and I have been butting heads.  And the way he speaks to me just gets under my skin SO quickly (and dad's too).  Most times I'm snappy and impatient with his new found attitude, but every once in a while I am able to unlock a bit of wisdom and put my own pride aside to speak to him and get to the root of a problem.  Fortunately, he is still my Max and with a little talking can come down from the highest of tempers to thinking rationally.  Thank goodness for that.  

Logan: Just wants to play.  Please, dad will you play with me?  Please, mom, let's go to the park!  Please, can we build a fort?  Please, Please, Please.  Someone pay attention to me.  And so I did.  And we built 'said-fort'  and he loved it.  And we take trips to the river, and the park, and play tennis, and capture the flag, and grounders...because this boy JUST. WANTS. TO. PLAY.  

Seth: The weather has been so beautiful, that we've taken to the outdoors...a lot.  Whatever we can do to occupy him to keep him awake during awake times, and sleeping soundly during sleep times.  We spent most of our break time over conference weekend at Riverfront park.  Fire pits, running, climbing, walking, biking, and throwing rocks in the river.  Perfection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment