Sunday, February 14, 2016

6.16






Lucy: went on a field trip this week to Fort Calgary.  And she got the added bonus of having her dad with her.  She loves field trips.  There have been many complaints about the lack of grade 5 field trips in comparison to grade 3 and kindergarten field trips.  Sad reality, big girl.  Field trips are becoming a thing of the past as you get older.  But I knew this one would be right up her alley, as she loves all things historic.

Max: and I are at odds...again.  I feel like it happens a lot.  We ebb and flow.  But this one is a doozy.
I can't stand his bad attitude, and he can't stand...me.  Nagging, speaking, asking, reminding...all of it.  Lucy and I were in the same boat when she was 9.  It was a hard year.  How do I get through this?

Logan: is my spunk-ster.  I'm happy to report that the hulk-outs are dying off.  He's getting a lot better at controlling himself.  Not alway...but I've noticed marked improvement.  I got the boys a slingshot for valentines day (to only be used under the direct supervision of dad).  Well, dad fired a soother at logan and didn't expect it to work so hard.  Hence the welt.  Apparently dad can only use under direct supervision from mom!  Fortunately, Logan was angry, upset, and then forgiving and even laughed.  He made the transition between those feelings much quicker than he would have previously.

Seth: is proving to be difficult.  In that I can't pick just one picture a week of him.  he's learning so many new things so often that the changes are lightening fast.  He figured out dad's headphones this week and loves to dance around wearing them.  And where it has been painfully difficult to teach him reverence, this week, he seems to have mastered it.  In the most adorable way ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment